By Anne W

2024 年 12 月 5 日 PM03:11

成人在英國文化協會成人英語課程中學習文法

我們在日常生活中什麼時候使用間接引語?

當我們需要告訴某人另一個人說了什麼時,我們會使用間接引語, 但不要使用他們的確切單字。這就像您正在對某人所說的內容進行報告,但您是在解釋內容。例如: 

She said she was coming to class (她說她要來上課) 

I told you earlier that I would not be able to come. (我早就跟你說過了,我不能來了。) 

You said yesterday that you would help me! (你昨天說你會幫我!)

使用間接引語的英語文法規則是什麼?

您會注意到以下範例中的兩個變化: 

直接引語:「I am happy to drive you to the airport.
(我很樂意開車送你去機場。)」

間接引語: 「She said she was happy to drive me to the airport.
(她說她很樂意開車送我去機場。)」

  1. 人稱代名詞相對於說話的人而變化。2.動詞時態相對於我們現在所處的時間而變化。這通常涉及時態回溯–在上面的例子中,它從現在簡單式移到過去簡單式。

那麼,考慮到這種時態變化,我們如何表達間接引語呢?下表給出了範例:

如果您有更多問題,為什麼不參加成人英語課程呢?您可以請一位經驗豐富的老師分享範例。我們在此備有課程 https://www.britishcouncil.org.tw/english-courses/adults

直接引語 (presentsimple (現在簡單式))

間接引語 (past simple) (過去簡單式)

I know what to do.
(我知道該怎麼做。)

She said she knew what to do.
(她說她知道該怎麼做。)

I don’t know what to do.
(我不知道該怎麼做。)

She said she didn’t know what to do.
(她說她不知道該怎麼做。)

Do you know what to do?
(你知道該怎麼做嗎?)

She asked me if I knew what to do.*
(她問我是否知道該怎麼做。*)

* 請注意在間接疑問句中使用英文單字 if。

直接引語 (現在進行式)

間接引語 (過去進行式)

I’m working on it this week.
(我這週正在處理這件事。)

He said he was working on it this week.*
(他說他這週正在處理這件事。*)

I’m not working on it this week.
(我這週沒有處理這件事。)

He said he wasn’t working on it this week. (他說他這週沒有在處理這件事。)

Are you working on it this week?
(你這週在處理這件事嗎?)

He asked if I was working on it this week. (他問我這週是否在處理這件事。)

*有關時間參考點,請參見下文

直接引語 (現在完成式)

間接引語 (過去完成式)

I’ve finished my lunch.
(我已經吃完午飯了。)

She said she had finished her lunch.
(她說她已經吃完了午飯。)

I haven’t finished my lunch.
(我還沒吃完午飯。)

She said she had finished her lunch.
(她說她已經吃完了午飯。)

Have you finished your lunch?
(你吃完午飯了嗎?)

She asked if I had finished my lunch.
(她問我吃完午飯了嗎。)

直接引語 (現在連續式)

間接引語 (過去完成連續式)

I’ve been listening to the news.
(我已聽過這則新聞。)

He said he had been listening to the news.
(他說他之前已經聽過這則新聞。)

I haven’t been listening to the news.
(我還沒聽過這則新聞。)

He said he hadn’t been listening to the news.
(他說他過去沒有聽過這則新聞。)

Have you been listening to the news?
(你已經聽過這則新聞嗎?)

He asked if I had been listening to the news.
(他問我過去是否已經聽過這則新聞。)

直接引語 (將)

直接引語 (會)

I’ll finish the report in time.
(我將及時完成報告。)

She said she would finish the report on time.
(她說她會按時完成報告。)

I won’t finish the report on time.
(我將不會準時完成報告。)

She said she wouldn’t finish the report on time.
(她說她不會按時完成報告。)

Will you finish the report in time?
(你是否將及時完成報告?)

She asked if I would finish the report on time.
(她問我是否會按時完成報告。)

直接引語 (過去簡單式)

間接引語 (過去完成式)

I did the training at the same time as Carol.
(我和 Carol 同時進行訓練。)

She said she had done the training at the same time as Carol.
(她說她和 Carol 同時完成了訓練。)

I didn’t do the training at the same time as Carol.
(我沒有和 Carol 同時進行訓練。)

She said she hadn’t done the training at the same time as Carol.
(她說她沒有和 Carol 同時完成了訓練。)

Did you do the training at the same time as Carol.
(你是否和 Carol 同時進行訓練。)

She asked if I had done the training at the same time as Carol.
(她問我是否和 Carol 同時完成了訓練。)

直接引語 (過去連續式)

間接引語 (過去完成連續式)

I was staying at my sister’s place.
(我過去就住在我姐姐家。)

He said he had been staying at his sister’s place.
(他說他過去都住在他姐姐家。)

I wasn’t staying at my sister’s place.
(我過去沒住在我姐姐家。)

He said he hadn’t been staying at his sister’s place.
(他說他過去沒住在他姐姐家。)

Were you staying at your sister’s place?
(你過去住在你姐姐家嗎?)

He asked if I had been staying at my sister’s place
(他問我過去是否曾住過他姐姐家)

如何在英語中使用過去完成時態的間接引語



如果原始引語式過去完成式,時態則不會改變,因為我們無法再回到過去了!只有人稱代名詞會發生變化:

I had already left when you arrived.
(你到的時候我已經走了。)
She said she had already left when I arrived.
(她說我到的時候她已經走了。)

 如果間接引語關於特定時間,該怎麼辦?

也許間接引語談到了在特定時間發生的事情?這可能也需要改變。請參閱這些範例;

I’ll do it today.
(我今天就來做這件事。)

She said she would do it that day.*
(她說她會在那天做這件事。*)

I’ll do it this week.
(我會在本週做這件事。)

He said he would do it that week.
(他說他會在那週做這件事。)

I’ll do it tomorrow.
(我會在明天做這件事。)

She said she would do it the next day.
(她說她會在隔天做這件事。)

or (或)

She said she would do it the following day.
(她說她會在接下來的一天做這件事。)

I’ll do it next week.
(我會在下週做這件事。)

He said he would do it the next week.
(他說他會在下週做這件事。)

or (或)

He said he would do it the following week.
(他說他會在接下來一週做這件事。)

I did it yesterday.
(我昨天就做過這件事。)

She said she had done it the day before. (她說她已經在前天做這件事。)

I did it last week.
(我上週就做過這件事。)

He said he would do it the following week. (他說他已經在上週做這件事。)

I’m not available now.
(我現在沒空。)

She said she wasn’t available at the time. (她說她此時沒空。)

I’ve never been here before.
(我從沒到過這。)

He said he had never been there before. (他說他從沒到過那邊。)

*如果時間或地點相對於我們現在的位置沒有改變,我們不必進行此類變化。例如,您今天要報告您的朋友今天也必須做的事情:

I’ll do it today
(我今天就來做這件事)
She said she would do it today.
(她說她今天就會做這件事。)

 在英語中使用間接引語的例外情況,例如情態動詞

將情態動詞與間接引語一起使用

情態動詞可能很難回到過去。這部分是因為許多情態動詞的「過去形式」經常被用來指示現在 -- 通常表示禮貌的或假設。對於以英語為母語的人來說,情態動詞聽起來不那麼咄咄逼人,而是更有禮貌。

I will be a bit late.
(我將遲到一下。)

He said he would be a bit late
(他說他會遲到一下)

I can help you with the party.
(我可以幫你辦派對。)

She said she could help me with the party. (她說她可以幫我辦派對。)

You must be at the station by 10:00
(你必須在 10 點前到達車站)

He said I had to be at the station by 10:00 (他說你必須在 10 點前到達車站)

Shall we leave?
(我們應該離開嗎?)

She asked if they should leave.
(她問她們是否應該離開。)

Would you like a coffee?
(你喜歡喝咖啡嗎?)

He asked if I would like a coffee.
(他問我是否喜歡喝咖啡。)

Could I leave early today?
(我今天可以提早離開嗎?)

She asked if she could leave early today
(她問她今天是否可以提早離開)

Should I call head office?
(我應該打電話給總部嗎?)

She asked if she should call head office.
(她問她是否應打給總部。) 

 在英語中,如果敘述仍然成立,我們通常會保持現在式動詞。例如:

She has a headache. (她頭疼。)I told you she has a headache! (我告訴過你她頭疼了!)

(5 分鐘後,如果對方還在大聲說話!)

我現在住在我媽媽家。He said he is staying at his mother’s. (他說他現在住在媽媽家。)

(如果他現在還住在媽媽家) 

我喜歡吃巧克力。She said she loves chocolate (她說她喜歡吃巧克力)

(我們假設這是永久狀態!)

 如何在英語間接引語中使用 Said  和 Told

以上所有範例都將 said, 或 asked  用於問句。但是,如果我們想指定說話的對方,我們通常會使用單字  told:

I’ll be at work early.
(我會早點上班。)
She said to me that she would be at work early.
(她告訴我說,她會早點上班。)

英語中使用間接引語時常見的文法錯誤

主詞前的動詞



報告問題時的常見錯誤是動詞主詞顛倒:

She asked did I know what to do (她問我是否知道要做什麼).x

事實上,間接引語是一個敘述,並且應該是主詞動詞形式:

She asked if I knew what to do.✓

這也是 what、where、when 類型問句的常見錯誤:

He asked where was the exit. (他問哪裡是出口。)x

He asked where the exit was. (他問哪裡是出口。)✓ 

使用 Said 而不是 Told

另一個常見錯誤是 said 和 told, 之間的混淆。成人英語學生經常說這樣的句子:

She said me she was coming.x

而不是:

She told me she was coming.✓

英語歌曲中報告的間接引語範例

您知道 The Killers 的這首歌叫 "Somebody Told Me"?它說:



Well, somebody told me you had a boyfriend (嗯,有人告訴我妳有男朋友) 

Who looked like a girlfriend (誰看起來像女朋友)

That I had in February of last year (我在去年 2 月有過)

迷你測驗

找出這五個句子中的錯誤,然後向下滾動以查看答案。

  1. He asked how was the meeting.

  2. She told to me the answers.

  3. They asked us had we seen the accident.

  4. She asked what was our homework.

  5. Somebody said me you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year

Answers

  1. He asked how the meeting was.

  2. She told me the answers.

  3. They asked us if we had seen the accident.

  4. She asked what our homework was.

  5. Somebody told me you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year